A word from our clients
Basil Pesto Recipe
Posted: 2nd December 2019
Posted in: Media
Let’s Grow Together
There is absolutely no substitute for using freshly picked basil leaves to make basil pesto. The following recipe is my go to once my basil plant matures. I consider this one of my favourites, and after trying it, I’m sure you’ll agree. Enjoy!
What You Need:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan (use Romano for stronger flavour)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 3 teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
- Food Processor or good blender
What to do:
1 Place the basil leaves and pine nuts into the bowl of a food processor and pulse a several times.
2 Add the garlic and cheese and pulse several times more.
3 While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady small stream. Occasionally stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
4 Stir in salt and freshly ground black pepper, add more to taste.
I usually use this recipe to toss through penne pasta and cooked chicken, however you can add it to anything you like.