187-191 Hedges Avenue MERMAID BEACH
A Masterpiece of Contemporary Design
Excellence of design, a premier location and lavish finishes put this luxury residence, which covers three lots on the elite Hedges Avenue beachfront in a category of its own. The home itself is a masterpiece of contemporary design, which offers the best in family living and sophisticated entertaining surrounded by rare and exotic granites and marble, African Wenge timber, tinted glazing and the finest quality designer furniture.
Inside the security gate tranquil goldfish ponds flank wide steps leading up to the impressive timber entry door. Discreetly located off the atrium foyer is a gentleman’s den, complete with pool table, bar and an adjoining study with integrated granite desks and a powder room. From the foyer, main living areas are accessed by a broad hallway with feature walls of polished Zecevo limestone. To one side the hallway is lined with picture windows looking out onto the mosaic-tiled lap pool; on the other are a luxurious guest suite, a powder room by the staircase, large laundry and the elevator, which has two sets of mirror-finish stainless steel doors for access to the homes’ three levels.
Beachfront living areas include an elegant lounge with gas fire beneath a dramatic circular ceiling recess. Adjoining is a dining area for ten or more with an ultra-modern stainless steel chandelier’. Living areas flow out to a glass-enclosed Florida room with bbq kitchen that completely opens up via stacking doors to reveal a full-length patio and manicured lawn. From here, natural dune vegetation stretches down to the sand and surf.
The huge kitchen offers a central U-shaped Corian prep bench/breakfast bar, top-range Gaggenau appliances, an integrated cocktail bar and a butler’s pantry with an abundance of storage. Adjacent, the family TV lounge and breakfast room look south over the park and east out to the ocean. At the top of the graceful curved staircase is a library with customised carpet and seating. A study or nursery adjoins the vast oceanfront master suite with its lavish granite ensuite, opulent dressing room and a private beach balcony.
Family bedrooms include two large themed suites plus a separate wing housing a luxury suite that could serve as a second master bedroom. The nearby rumpus room-media lounge features a hand-painted glass door and an ocean outlook. The walls off the hallway are dressed in hand-cut mosaic tiles, echoing feature exterior panels. The roof deck, accessed by stairs, is the perfect summer retreat, offering a private deck beneath a vergola roof with endless ocean and coastal views.
The basement level includes garaging for seven or more cars, a gym, cold room, storerooms, an enclosed pet run, a second laundry and a bathroom adjoining the cedar sauna.
• 1,215m2 of absolute beachfront land, adjoins parkland, with coastal views to Coolangatta
• 5 bedrooms, 2 studies, 5 bathrooms, 3 powder rooms, outdoor beach shower
• Imported leather lounges, upholstered bedheads, large designer mirrors
• Sonos sound system, keyless entry, Gaggenau appliances
• Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning, CCTV security, vacumaid, backup generator
• Dynalite system controls lighting, security, climate, AV systems, intercom via ipad
• Lift & stairs to 3 levels, remote-control gates, exquisitely landscaped grounds
• Magnesium-chlorinated pool with spa & wading area, tiled in glass mosaics
• Copper roofing opens over pool to admit sunlight, balconies off all bedrooms
• Paul Uhlmann architect, built by Kingston Constructions, interior by Edge Design
• Patrolled surf beach virtually at the doorstep, Mermaid Surf Club adjacent
• 3 minutes to Pacific Fair, Broadbeach dining & casino, 30 mins to airport
For more information or to arrange an inspection contact Michael Kollosche or Luke Henderson
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of these particulars, no warranty is given by the vendor or the agent as to their accuracy. Interested parties should not rely on these particulars as representations of fact but must instead satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.