159 Hedges Avenue, Mermaid Beach
Commissioned in 2007 by an Australian billionaire, 159 Hedges Avenue is simply one of Australia’s most impressive luxury homes, located on a rare 564m2 north-east corner allotment with an impressive street presence. A local landmark, this modern masterpiece embodies a unique blend of architectural artistry and an exceptional level of quality, which combine flawlessly to make a grand statement in one of Australia’s premier beachfront locations.
Exceptional modern style and grace are clearly evident in every aspect of this sophisticated
3-storey plus basement residence. All levels are linked by marble slab stairs and an internal electric lift, giving access to over 113 squares of luxurious living. Breathtaking in scale but ultimately a well-proportioned family home, the design maximises the beachfront ambience and ocean views, with the addition of one-way mirror-glass windows for privacy and security.
The spacious open-plan kitchen features its own cool room, butler’s pantry and a hidden servery that links to a barbecue located externally on the northern side. Luxurious finishes of imported Crème-Sand marble, 20mm thick glass and custom cabinetry throughout signal unquestionable quality, with an abundance of accommodation and storage options.
On the terraces, full height glass doors glide discreetly away to extend already generous living spaces and admit panoramic ocean views. A hi-tech automated system controls all utilities, including CCTV cameras and security, lighting, windows, blinds and climate control easily operated by the touch of an iPad screen.
- Double insulated concrete construction with titanium roof, steel security gate
- Soaring atrium foyer lit by massive crystal chandelier, keyless steel entry door
- Opulent beachfront lounge, separate formal & family dining areas
- 6 luxurious bedrooms with private ensuites tiled to ceiling in marble
- Huge beachfront master with glamorous dressing room & spa ensuite
- Unique kids’ bedroom suite on lower level with 8 fold away bunk beds & private courtyard
- Kitchen & bathrooms in Italian marble & Caesar Stone with metallic lacquer cabinetry
- Huge multi-function entertainment/media room on the 3rd level with cinema facilities, wet bar, beachfront & mountain-view terraces
- Glass-walled soundproof study, self-cleaning mosaic-tiled pool with beach aspect
- Steel mesh window/door screens, beachfront terraces feature fast-activated storm shutters
- Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning, vacuum system, rainwater tanks, generator
- Basement offers 6 car garage, fully equipped gym, sauna, wine cellar, plant room
Floor Plan: Download PDF